Principal Scientist/Associate Director – Cell and Molecular Biology
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated scientist to join our Cell and Molecular Biology group at Trex Bio. This position offers an opportunity to work as part of a small, dynamic team to elucidate the biology of novel targets, design target specific screening and characterization assays in primary immune cells and cell lines to screen and rank novel immunomodulatory drugs. Leadership, teamwork, a can-do attitude, scientific integrity and transparency are key attributes for this position. Job title will be commensurate with experience.
The incumbent will take a lead on therapeutic programs, perform day-to-day laboratory benchwork, analyze and interpret data, and present project updates to multiple audiences. Responsibilities include validation of target biology, development of robust screening and characterization assays combined with the ability to collate data into summary figures to enable the project team to select lead candidates. Relevant techniques include primary immune cell-based assays, flow cytometry, proliferation, immunoassays, cytokine release on Luminex, as well as emerging technologies. May manage junior members of the team and lead project teams.
- Must have Ph.D in Cell Biology, Immunology or a related field
- 8+ years of relevant biopharmaceutical industry experience, including experience developing cell based functional assays; at least 2 years in the area of large molecules/biologics in autoimmune, inflammation, and/or immuno-oncology disease areas.
- Extensive experience with in vitro cell-based techniques including isolation and culture of primary immune cell subsets, functional assays including co-culture, advanced flow cytometry (10+ colors), proliferation, cytotoxicity, cytokine release and ELISA techniques
- Experience with FACSDiva, FlowJo, Prism, and Microsoft Office programs
- Detail-oriented and analytical with excellent problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to collaborate in a team-oriented environment
- Diligent, strong growth mindset with a positive “can-do” attitude to push programs forward
- Good planning and organizational skills to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
"*" indicates required fields