Project Manager/Senior Project Manager
Location: South San Francisco, CA / Flexible
TRexBio is a discovery stage biotechnology company leveraging cutting edge computational biology tools, a focus on human tissue, and expertise in immunobiology to develop revolutionary therapeutics for inflammatory diseases. Our powerful ‘deep biology’ discovery engine maps human tissue Treg behavior to disease processes, allowing us to identify and characterize novel targets for therapeutic intervention. Leveraging this platform, we are building a broad portfolio of novel therapies that modulate the immune system to restore human tissue immune homeostasis.
At TRexBio, you will have the opportunity to work with amazingly smart humans who strive to make the world a better place. In addition to our team-centric culture, we believe that your individual creativity will help us to be our best. Our staff happy hours, organized by our Culture Club, bring us all together in creative and social activities. Our colleagues admire and respect one another. We celebrate our wins, update company news and acknowledge each other’s achievement weekly and monthly at all company meetings that celebrate our work and our people.
We are seeking an outstanding Project Manager/Sr. Project Manager who can help grow our project management organization and build relationships with external collaboration partners. This will be a high visibility role with an opportunity to drive results. If you are a research or project management professional that wants to work on exciting science with a dynamic team and are looking to grow your career, this may be the role for you!
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Partnering with research teams and senior management to develop, implement and manage project plans and schedules to enable accurate development and execution of project strategy, objectives, and timelines
- Identifying critical path to clinical Development Candidates, key milestones, and project risks
- Tracking resource needs, resource commitments and budget across the portfolio to identify bottlenecks and synergies
- Partnering with functional teams and finance to manage project budgets and guide resourcing decisions
- Assisting in scoping, selecting and contracting, manage contract resource organizations and interface with legal and finance departments on behalf of scientific staff
- Facilitating scenario planning for research projects to help identify and manage risks, conflicts and barriers to program success
- Monitoring, analyzing and communicating project information including through timeline management and deliverable summaries to facilitate leadership decision making
- Ensuring research project team meetings have a clear purpose, are focused and are managed with best practices for meeting management. Co-chairs (with Program Leads) timely, efficient, and action-oriented Program Team meetings and is responsible for coordinating team operations and communications, including documenting meeting minutes and tracking action items
- B.A./B.S. and a minimum of 5 year’s experience in or supporting early research or pre-clinical development programs in the pharmaceutical / biotechnology industry
- 2+ years project management experience
- Strong proficiency with pharmaceutical project management practices, tools and methodology
- Knowledge of the drug discovery & development process
- Outstanding written and oral communication and negotiation skills; ability to present thoughts clearly and concisely to a wide variety of stakeholders
- Strong results-oriented leader with focus and drive to succeed in an entrepreneurial setting
- PMP Certification
- Experience working with external collaborators
- Experience managing projects through the IND-filing process
- Understanding of biological manufacturing / CMC project management experience; experience working with antibody therapeutics preferred
TRexBio offers a very competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, short/long term disability, life insurance as well as 401(k) match, bonus, and paid time leave.
TRexBio is proud to be an AA/EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to characteristics protected by applicable local, state, or federal law, such as race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or sexual orientation.
"*" indicates required fields