(Senior) Research Associate/Associate Scientist/Scientist, Molecular and Cell Biology
Location: South San Francisco, CA / Flexible
Who We Are:
TRexBio is a discovery stage biotechnology company leveraging cutting edge computational biology tools, a focus on human tissue and expertise in immunobiology to develop revolutionary therapeutics for inflammatory diseases. Our powerful ‘deep biology’ discovery engine maps human tissue Treg behavior to disease processes, allowing us to identify and characterize novel targets for therapeutic intervention. Leveraging this platform, we are building a broad portfolio of novel therapies that modulate the immune system to restore human tissue immune homeostasis.
At TRexBio, you will have the opportunity to work with amazingly smart humans who strive to make the world a better place. In addition to our team-centric culture, we believe that your individual creativity will help us to be our best. Our staff happy hours, organized by our Culture Club, bring us all together in creative and social activities. Our colleagues admire and respect one another. We celebrate our wins, update company news and acknowledge each other’s achievement weekly and monthly at all company meetings that celebrate our work and our people.
TRexBio is seeking talented and highly motivated scientists to join our Molecular and Cellular Biology group. This position offers an opportunity to work as part of a small, dynamic team to elucidate and model target biology through in vitro assays. The successful candidate will develop robust, target specific cell-based binding and functional assays to screen and rank therapeutic antibodies or protein therapeutics for lead selection. The focus of the position is to conduct laboratory-based experiments and in vitro screens. Attention to detail is a must along with strong skills in multi-tasking, optimizing robust assays, troubleshooting technical issues during assay development and the ability to organize, summarize and present results to technical teams.
What Your Responsibilities Are:
- Assess multiple aspects of Treg biology in vitro in response to modulation with monoclonal antibodies and protein therapeutics using cell-based screening
- Develop cell-based assays to answer biological questions, e.g.
- Cell-Based Binding
- Reporter Assays
- ADCC (Annexin V/CFSE)
- Drive lead selection of therapeutic biologics through delivery of high quality, decision-enabling datasets
- Collaborate with other departments (e.g. Biotherapeutics, Discovery) in the creation of screening strategies, program execution, and lead selection
- Be rigorous and thoughtfully critical in design and execution of protocols, documentation, and technical reports
- Clearly communicate work to team members, collaborators and other stakeholders
Who You Are:
- BS in immunology, biology, or related discipline with 2 years industry experience for Associate Scientist level
- BS with 7+ years of experience, MS with 5+ years of experience or PhD with 1+ years of industry experience for Scientist position
- Experience with mammalian cell culture including primary immune cells, hands-on experience with multi-color flow cytometry, and intracellular cytokine staining
- Experience with serum-based or cell-based immunological assays to assess the activity of proteins is essential, e.g., (any) ELISA, multiplex analysis (Luminex, MSD), cell-based functional assays (proliferation, activation, cytokine responses), lentiviral and CRISPR-based applications, or reporter-based assay platforms
- Experience with FACSDiva, FlowJo, Prism, and Microsoft Office programs
- Experience with high throughput screening (100s of unique conditions per experiment) is a plus
- Imaging or Incucyte experience is a plus
- You are curious to learn new biology, insightful, detail-oriented, organized, collaborative, and flexible with a positive “can-do” attitude
TRexBio offers a very competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, short/long term disability, life insurance as well as 401(k) match, bonus and paid time leave.
TRexBio is proud to be an AA/EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to characteristics protected by applicable local, state, or federal law, such as race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or sexual orientation.
"*" indicates required fields