Research Informatics Data Engineer
TRexBio is a discovery stage biotechnology company leveraging cutting edge computational biology tools, a focus on human tissue, and expertise in immunobiology to develop revolutionary therapeutics for inflammatory diseases. Our powerful ‘deep biology’ discovery engine maps human tissue Treg behavior to disease processes, allowing us to identify and characterize novel targets for therapeutic intervention. Leveraging this platform, we are building a broad portfolio of novel therapies that modulate the immune system to restore human tissue immune homeostasis.
TRexBio is seeking a talented and motivated research informatics data engineer (title and pay commensurate with experience) to optimize data capture, analysis and communication as a full-time member of our Computational Biology group. You would be joining an existing, highly collaborative team with core competencies in bioinformatics, data science, software engineering, and biology. We value enthusiasm, teamwork, scientific integrity, and transparency.
As a member of the TRexBio Computational Biology group, you would be an integral part of teams to identify targets, advance programs, and develop and test actionable biomarker strategies for programs in our Autoimmune, Inflammation and Immuno-Oncology therapeutic areas. You would develop and execute informatics solutions across our drug discovery platform from Discovery through tracking and selecting drug candidates. TRexBio utilizes both external and internally generated data to support therapeutics target discovery/development, and team members are encouraged to use their expertise to contribute to experimental design, analysis, and visualization to improve our workflows and accelerate discovery of life changing therapeutics.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with scientists and project teams to implement data analytics and visualizations (using internal tool development as well as commercially available software such as Spotfire or Tableau) that impact project team decision-making
- Provide training and ongoing support to scientists for scientific data management systems and data analysis tools
- Support new initiatives, screening programs, experiments, protein inventory management and assay development in Discovery, Molecular and Cellular Biology, Translational Biology and Protein Therapeutics in the areas of Data Capture, Analysis and Reporting
- As a member of the Informatics group, develop and implement strategic data management practices
- Assist with visualization of data across assay systems – including biophysical properties (e.g. affinity, developability) and functional activity (EC50s/IC50s) across multiple readouts (FACS, Luminex, Incucyte, Neo2) that are qualitative or quantitative to track the history of molecules and rank them
- Write and implement efficient automated data retrieval, merging, and processing algorithms
- BS/MS in chemistry, life sciences, data science, computer science, or relevant field with 2+ years of experience implementing research informatics solutions within the biotech or pharmaceutical industry
- Familiar with industry leading approaches to data capture, manipulation, analysis, and visualization
- Experience with or knowledge of lab instruments and software, particularly laboratory automation and liquid handling is desirable
- Strong working proficiency using common informatics languages such as SQL, Python, Java, or R
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work collaboratively on multiple projects concurrently in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills with a keen attention to detail
- Solid understanding of the lab informatics environment, – standard system functionality & research lab workflows – i.e. instrument data file parsing, sample management, report generation, etc.
- Experience with implementation and configuration of Benchling
- Solid project management and history of project delivery success
- Knowledge of IND reports
At TRexBio, you will have the opportunity to work with amazingly smart humans who strive to make the world a better place. In addition to our team-centric culture, we believe that your individual creativity will help us to be our best. Our staff happy hours, organized by our Culture Club, bring us all together in creative and social activities. Our colleagues admire and respect one another. We celebrate our wins, update company news and acknowledge each other’s achievement weekly and monthly at all company meetings that celebrate our work and our people.
TRexBio offers a very competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, short/long term disability, life insurance as well as 401(k) match, bonus and paid time leave.
TRexBio is proud to be an AA/EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to characteristics protected by applicable local, state, or federal law, such as race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or sexual orientation.
"*" indicates required fields