Scientist I, Protein Chemistry, Biotherapeutics
Location: South San Francisco, CA / Flexible
Who We Are:
TRexBio is a discovery stage biotechnology company leveraging cutting edge computational biology tools, a focus on human tissue and expertise in immunobiology to develop revolutionary therapeutics for inflammatory diseases. Our powerful ‘deep biology’ discovery engine maps human tissue Treg behavior to disease processes, allowing us to identify and characterize novel targets for therapeutic intervention. Leveraging this platform, we are building a broad portfolio of novel therapies that modulate the immune system to restore human tissue immune homeostasis.
At TRexBio, you will have the opportunity to work with amazingly smart humans who strive to make the world a better place. In addition to our team-centric culture, we believe that your individual creativity will help us to be our best. Our staff happy hours, organized by our Culture Club, bring us all together in creative and social activities. Our colleagues admire and respect one another. We celebrate our wins, update company news and acknowledge each other’s achievement weekly and monthly at all company meetings that celebrate our work and our people.
TRexBio is seeking a talented and highly motivated Scientist I to join our Biotherapeutics group. The Scientist I will work across functional groups to support antibody screening and lead molecule selection process. The focus of the position will be on using bioanalytical and biochemical assays to screen and analyze protein reagents and antibodies. In addition, as part of a multidisciplinary team, the role will support aspects of cell-line generation workflow. Attention to detail and strong skills in multi-tasking, optimizing, and troubleshooting technical issues and the ability to organize, summarize and present results to technical teams are critical to the position.
What Your Responsibilities Are:
- Work with Biotherapeutics and other functional groups to support project development and company-wide goals. Evaluate and communicate experimental results to project team members to reach project and company goals
- Perform and develop assays to identify biophysical properties of therapeutic antibodies and proteins (e.g., binding affinity, stability, aggregation, and non-specific binding). Run biosensor binding (binding kinetics and epitope mapping), analytical chromatography and flow-cytometry assays to characterize antibody properties and communicate results to project teams. Ensure results are communicated and archived appropriately.
- Work with internal and external groups to generate protein reagents to support immunization, antibody screening and functional in vitro assays
- Participate in cross-functional cell-line development process from generating lentivirus, performing transductions, antibiotic selection or evaluation of protein surface expression using flow-cytometry
- Collaborate with other departments (e.g. Discovery) in the creation of screening strategies and lead selection
- Drive lead selection of therapeutic biologics through delivery of high quality, decision-enabling datasets
- Be rigorous and thoughtfully critical in design and execution of protocols, documentation, and technical reports
- Clearly communicate work to team members, collaborators and other stakeholders
Who You Are:
- MS/BS in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, or related discipline with 3+ year of industry experience, or PhD in related discipline with 0+ year of industry experience
- Experience and understanding of bioanalytical techniques to characterize proteins and protein interactions (e.g., ELISA and HPLC methods)
- Hands-on experience with binding assays, such as BLI or SPR for characterizing antibody antigen interactions is preferred
- Experience with handling, generating and characterizing mammalian cell lines by flow cytometry is a plus
TRexBio is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices and we strive to provide employees with total compensation packages that are market competitive. For this role, the anticipated base pay range is $100,000.00 – $130,000.00. The exact base pay offered will depend on various factors, including but not limited to the candidate’s experience, qualifications, skills, and geography.
TRexBio offers very competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, short/long term disability, life insurance as well as 401(k) match, bonus and paid time leave. TRexBio is proud to be an AA/EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to characteristics protected by applicable local, state, or federal law, such as race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or sexual orientation.
"*" indicates required fields