Scientist/Senior Scientist, Computational Biology
Location: South San Francisco, CA / Flexible
TRexBio is a discovery stage biotechnology company leveraging cutting edge computational biology tools, a focus on human tissue, and expertise in immunobiology to develop revolutionary therapeutics for inflammatory diseases. Our powerful ‘deep biology’ discovery engine maps human tissue Treg behavior to disease processes, allowing us to identify and characterize novel targets for therapeutic intervention. Leveraging this platform, we are building a broad portfolio of novel therapies that modulate the immune system to restore human tissue immune homeostasis.
At TRexBio, you will have the opportunity to work with amazingly smart humans who strive to make the world a better place. In addition to our team-centric culture, we believe that your individual creativity will help us to be our best. Our staff happy hours, organized by our Culture Club, bring us all together in creative and social activities. Our colleagues admire and respect one another. We celebrate our wins, update company news and acknowledge each other’s achievement weekly and monthly at all company meetings that celebrate our work and our people.
We are seeking a talented and motivated bioinformatics scientist (title and pay commensurate with experience) for full-time employment in our Computational Biology group. You would be joining an existing, highly collaborative team with core competencies in bioinformatics, data science, machine learning, software engineering, and biology. As a member of the group, you would be an integral part of project teams to identify targets, advance programs, and uncover novel biology for programs in our Autoimmune, Inflammation and Immuno-Oncology therapeutic areas. You would develop and execute computational strategies for disease characterization from back-translational studies both to identify and to rank actionable targets and indications.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Take ownership of multiple bulk- and/or scRNAseq projects to uncover novel biology from primary tissue samples
- Answer critical questions using OMICS data from cutting edge in vitro models
- Use your expertise to contribute to experimental design and computational analysis
- Add to our growing bioinformatics software pipelines to improve our workflows and accelerate discovery of life changing therapeutics
- MS/PhD in a relevant field, e.g. Immunology, Bioinformatics or Computational Biology with 2+ years of experience
- scRNAseq / bulk-RNAseq experience OR exceptional bioinformatics expertise
- Advanced Python and/or R
- Cloud computing (particularly AWS)
- Top-notch cross-disciplinary communication and presentation skills
- 2-4+ years biotech industry experience, especially in preclinical drug discovery
- Immunology expertise
- Fluency with interrogation of public tools and databases to expand our reach into public genetic, transcriptomics and proteomics databases
- Machine Learning methods
- Familiarity with Docker, Github and Linux based environments
- In vivo and in vitro research experience
- Web application development (especially RShiny or Flask)
- Ability to present and communicate computational study findings with internal project teams, leadership, and external collaborators
TRexBio offers a very competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, short/long term disability, life insurance as well as 401(k) match, bonus and paid time leave.
TRexBio is proud to be an AA/EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to characteristics protected by applicable local, state, or federal law, such as race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or sexual orientation.
"*" indicates required fields