Scientist/Senior Scientist, Immunology
Location: South San Francisco, CA / Flexible
TRexBio is a discovery stage biotechnology company leveraging cutting edge computational biology tools, a focus on human tissue, and expertise in immunobiology to develop revolutionary therapeutics for inflammatory diseases. Our powerful ‘deep biology’ discovery engine maps human tissue Treg behavior to disease processes, allowing us to identify and characterize novel targets for therapeutic intervention. Leveraging this platform, we are building a broad portfolio of novel therapies that modulate the immune system to restore human tissue immune homeostasis.
At TRexBio, you will have the opportunity to work with amazingly smart humans who strive to make the world a better place. In addition to our team-centric culture, we believe that your individual creativity will help us to be our best. Our staff happy hours, organized by our Culture Club, bring us all together in creative and social activities. Our colleagues admire and respect one another. We celebrate our wins, update company news and acknowledge each other’s achievement weekly and monthly at all company meetings that celebrate our work and our people.
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated Scientist/Senior Scientist to join our biology team. This position offers an opportunity to work as part of a small, dynamic team to discover new targets and develop novel immunomodulatory drugs. Leadership, teamwork, and a high level of scientific integrity and transparency are key attributes for this position. The candidate is expected to contribute to research activities for a therapeutic program from target identification through drug discovery into phase 1 clinical trials. Deep knowledge of immunology and up-to-date expertise in immunology research methodology and technology is required for this position. Prior drug discovery experience in immunomodulatory biologics is a plus. The successful candidate will aid the discovery of novel targets and support ongoing projects by designing and executing experiments that further our understanding of the target biology or the drug’s mechanism of action. The development and implementation of new assays and technologies, and analysis and interpretation of data are key responsibilities. Based on the candidate’s experience, design and management of in vivo studies and oversight of contract-research organizations may be part of the job responsibilities. Depending on the candidate’s experience and seniority, this position may include the scientific supervision of junior staff. The candidate will have the opportunity to present their results at team and company science meetings as well as at scientific conferences.
A passion for teamwork, a can-do attitude, scientific integrity and transparency are key attributes for this position. There is ample opportunity for professional growth and exposure to the diverse aspects of drug discovery in the biotech space. Come join our team!
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Design and execution of in vitro and ex vivo assays, potentially design and oversight of in vivo studies
- Depending on the qualification, responsibilities may include functional leadership on program teams
- Flow cytometry, ELISA, Incucyte, and Luminex assaysand analysis of high-parameter flow cytometry and multiplexed ELISA data
- Data interpretation and strategic planning of next steps
- Coordination with other scientists in planning and executing experiments
- Organization of records and data, interpretation and presentation of results
- The ideal candidate will have a PhD in immunology or a related discipline and a passion for drug discovery; any relevant post-degree experience will be considered to define the appropriate job title. Candidates with a BS with 5+ years of experience and MS with 3+ years of experience are also encouraged to apply.
- Experience in isolation of primary human immune cell subsets, transfection of primary T cells, development and optimization of cell-based functional assays, and multi-color flow cytometry (8+ colors)
- Experience developing and executing flow cytometry and Incucyte assays, including use of Fortessa or Attune flow cytometers as well as experience with FACSDiva, FlowJo, and Prism
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills to design and execute well-controlled experiments and generate high quality data
- Diligent, highly motivated self-starter with a strong growth mindset and a positive “can-do” attitude towards assigned tasks
- Good planning and organizational skills to meet deadlines
- Proven ability to collaborate in a team-oriented environment, and excellent written and interpersonal communication skills are a must
- Experience in work with full-thickness human tissue cultures and 3D in vitro models is a plus
- Experience with in vivo models of inflammatory disease is a plus
TRexBio offers a very competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, short/long term disability, life insurance as well as 401(k) match, bonus and paid time leave.
TRexBio is proud to be an AA/EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to characteristics protected by applicable local, state, or federal law, such as race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or sexual orientation.
"*" indicates required fields