(Senior) Research Associate/Associate Scientist, Immunology
Location: South San Francisco, CA / Flexible
TRexBio is a discovery stage biotechnology company leveraging cutting edge computational biology tools, a focus on human tissue, and expertise in immunobiology to develop revolutionary therapeutics for inflammatory diseases. Our powerful ‘deep biology’ discovery engine maps human tissue Treg behavior to disease processes, allowing us to identify and characterize novel targets for therapeutic intervention. Leveraging this platform, we are building a broad portfolio of novel therapies that modulate the immune system to restore human tissue immune homeostasis.
At TRexBio, you will have the opportunity to work with amazingly smart humans who strive to make the world a better place. In addition to our team-centric culture, we believe that your individual creativity will help us to be our best. Our staff happy hours, organized by our Culture Club, bring us all together in creative and social activities. Our colleagues admire and respect one another. We celebrate our wins, update company news and acknowledge each other’s achievement weekly and monthly at all company meetings that celebrate our work and our people.
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated Research Associate/Associate Scientist to join our biology team. This position offers an opportunity to work as part of a small, dynamic team to discover or advance new targets and develop novel immunomodulatory drugs. Enthusiasm, teamwork, and a high level of scientific integrity and transparency are key attributes for this position. Candidates will support discovery of novel targets and advance ongoing projects with day-to-day laboratory benchwork, assisting the development and implementation of new assays and technologies, along with analysis and interpretation of data. Responsibilities include cell line and primary mammalian immune cell culture, preparation of reagents and test antigens, and immune-relevant cell-based functional assays. Relevant techniques include flow cytometry, ELISA, and leveraging capabilities on both Incucyte and Luminex platforms. The candidate will have the opportunity to present their results at team and company science meetings.
A passion for teamwork, a can-do attitude, scientific integrity, and transparency are key attributes for this position. There is ample opportunity for professional growth and exposure to the diverse aspects of drug discovery in the biotech space. Come join our team!
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Propagation of cell lines and isolation of primary mammalian cells from blood
- Performing a wide array of in vitro assays with single cell or co-cultures
- Flow cytometry, ELISA, Incucyte, and Luminex assays
- Analysis of high parameter flow cytometry and multiplexed ELISA data
- Coordination with other scientists in planning and executing experiments
- Organization of records and data, interpretation, and presentation of results
- The ideal candidate will have a BS and a passion for immunology and drug discovery; any relevant post-degree experience will be considered to define the appropriate job title
- Proficiency with in vitro cell-based techniques including mammalian cell culture
- Preference for candidates with experience in isolation of primary human immune cell subsets, transduction of primary T cells, development and optimization of cell-based functional assays, and multi-color flow cytometry (8+ colors)
- The ideal candidate will have experience executing Incucyte assays, running a Fortessa or Attune flow cytometer, and analyzing data with FACSDiva, FlowJo, and Prism
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills to execute well controlled experiments and generate high quality data
- Diligent, highly motivated self-starter with a strong growth mindset and a positive “can-do” attitude towards assigned tasks
- Good planning and organizational skills to meet deadlines
- Proven ability to collaborate in a team-oriented environment and excellent interpersonal communication skills are a must
TRexBio offers a very competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, short/long term disability, life insurance as well as 401(k) match, bonus and paid time leave.
TRexBio is proud to be an AA/EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to characteristics protected by applicable local, state, or federal law, such as race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or sexual orientation.
"*" indicates required fields