Senior Scientist/Principal Scientist, Translational Biology (Preclinical Biomarkers)
Location: South San Francisco, CA / Flexible
TRexBio is a discovery stage biotechnology company leveraging cutting edge computational biology tools, a focus on human tissue, and expertise in immunobiology to develop revolutionary therapeutics for inflammatory diseases. Our powerful ‘deep biology’ discovery engine maps human tissue Treg behavior to disease processes, allowing us to identify and characterize novel targets for therapeutic intervention. Leveraging this platform, we are building a broad portfolio of novel therapies that modulate the immune system to restore human tissue immune homeostasis.
At TRexBio, you will have the opportunity to work with amazingly smart humans who strive to make the world a better place. In addition to our team-centric culture, we believe that your individual creativity will help us to be our best. Our staff happy hours, organized by our Culture Club, bring us all together in creative and social activities. Our colleagues admire and respect one another. We celebrate our wins, update company news and acknowledge each other’s achievement weekly and monthly at all company meetings that celebrate our work and our people.
We are seeking a talented and highly-motivated scientist to join our Translational Biology Research group. Our team is dedicated to the exploration of target biology and drug mechanisms. This position is responsible for preclinical biomarker activities to enable phase I clinical development. This includes target expression profiling via multiple technologies and proof-of-concept development of clinical PD and RO assays; bench research will be a part of the position. Prior industry experience in immunomodulatory biologics is required. The candidate is expected to have deep knowledge of immune-related disease biology and up-to-date expertise in immunology research methodology and technology.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support indication selection via target profiling
- Generate proof-of-concept for clinical biomarker assays
- Management of CRO activities and bench research
- Preparation of relevant documents for regulatory filings
- PhD in immunology (or closely-related field)
- 6+ years of postdoctoral experience, including 4+ years of industry research experience in the area immunology-related protein therapeutics
- Expertise in relevant technologies, including transcriptomics, microscopy, ELISA/MSD assays, and high-parameter flow cytometry
- Detail-oriented and analytical with excellent problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to collaborate in a team-oriented, matrixed environment
- Good planning and organizational skills to meet deadlines
- Experience preparing regulatory documents for phase I clinical trials
TRexBio offers a very competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, short/long term disability, life insurance as well as 401(k) match, bonus and paid time leave.
TRexBio is proud to be an AA/EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to characteristics protected by applicable local, state, or federal law, such as race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or sexual orientation.
"*" indicates required fields