Principal Scientist, Translational Biology
We are seeking a talented and highly-motivated, autoimmune disease-focused immunologist to join our Translational Biology Research group. Our team is dedicated to the exploration of target biology and drug mechanisms, critically driving forward drug development. This position is responsible for human tissue biomarkers including ex vivo functional assays, target expression profiling via multiple technologies, and proof-of-concept development of human PD and RO assays to enable phase I clinical development. Bench research will be a part of the position. Prior drug development experience is required, and that in immunomodulatory biologics is desired. This role is focused on autoimmune diseases, and prior experience must be specific to that field; a microbiology or immuno-oncology background is not sufficient.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Development and expansion of capabilities for functional human tissue models
- Support indication selection via target expression profiling
- Generate proof-of-concept for clinical biomarker assays
- Management of CRO activities and bench research
- Direction of a team of scientists specializing in ex vivo functional assays
- Preparation of relevant sections for regulatory findings
- PhD in immunology (or closely-related field)
- 6+ years of postdoctoral experience in the field of autoimmunity, including 4+ years of autoimmune disease-focused industry research
- Expertise in relevant technologies, including transcriptomics, microscopy, ELISA/MSD assays, and high-parameter flow cytometry
- Ex vivo tissue-based functional models experience
- Detail-oriented and analytical with excellent problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to collaborate in a team-oriented, matrixed environment
- Good planning and organizational skills to meet deadlines
- Management experience
- Prior experience with functional analysis of clinical samples from patients with autoimmune or inflammatory diseases
- $130,000-$182,000 per year
TRexBio offers very competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, short/long term disability, life insurance as well as 401(k) match, bonus and paid time leave.
TRexBio is proud to be an AA/EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to characteristics protected by applicable local, state, or federal law, such as race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or sexual orientation.
"*" indicates required fields